A couple of days ago I had dinner with friends. I found this recipe a while ago and have been wanting to try it out. This dinner with my friends was the perfect occasion to test it! If you want to know how to make this then keep on reading! 🙂
In Holland this pie is comparable to ‘kwarktaart’. I looked it up online and ‘kwark’ would be the same as ‘quark’ in English. If I’m wrong please leave me a comment below! 😉 I only used yogurt instead of quark*. I really liked it and it was easy to make. It just takes some time because the pie needs to stiffen up in the fridge. I did change the recipe a little bit to my liking. I also used yogurt that has no fat or no added sugar.
– 400 ml coconut soy yogurt & 200 ml of plain yogurt or just 600 ml of coconut yoghurt
– 125 ml light creme fraiche
– 2 cans of sliced mango’s or 2 fresh mango’s
– 200 gr of coconut biscuits
– 100 ml coconut oil
– optional: some rasped coconut and chocolate shaves
- Put the cookies into a blender and add the coconut oil. You can melt the coconut oil in the microwave.
- Add a backing sheet to the bottom of the spring form pan and use some oil or butter to grease the sides.
- Put the cookie crumbles on the bottom and press this together with the back of a spoon. Make sure the layer is even! Bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes on 180 degrees celcius. Afterwards let it cool.
- Add about 5 gelatin leaves into a bowl of cold water until their soft. Heat up 2 table spoons of water in a pan. Take of the heat before it’s boiling. Squeeze out the excess water and stir the gelatin leaves into the hot water.
- Poor the coconut yogurt in a bowl. Mix this with the gelatin.
- Poor the yogurt on top of the cookie crust. Cover up with some tin foil and put in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Add the creme fraiche and all the mango slices into a blender.
- Add 5 gelatin leaves to a bowl of cold water. Heat up 1 table spoon of water in a pan. Take of the heat before it’s boiling. Stir in the gelatin leaves. Add this to the mango cream.
- Poor this on top of the layer of yogurt. Put in the fridge for another 2 hours.
- This step is optional. You can add some rasped coconut and/or some chocolate shavings on top of the pie.
Voila! Your pie is ready to serve! I really liked the combination of the fresh sour coconut yogurt with the sweetness of the mango and the cookie crust! Let me know if you try out this recipe!
*Kwark or quark would be the same as fromage fraise in the UK.
Don’t forget to hit the like button and to follow my blog! I follow back 🙂
Have u seen my previous post? City Trip | Amazing Prague
*NEWSFLASH* Give away coming up!! I would like to host a give away when I’ve reached 200 followers! I love to read your comments and talking to you. At the moment I’m figuring out how to host an international give away in a proper way, as I’ve never done this before. I don’t know yet what I would like to give away. Do you have any ideas or recommendations? Leave me a comment below! 🙂